With over 25 years of experience, NETT is one of the most prestigious school centred initial teacher training establishments in the country.
- Successful trainees
- 100% employment rates
- Personalised support
- Excellent facilities
Our Postgraduate Certificate in Education is awarded by the University of Suffolk.
I have worked in Education for over fifteen years, gaining my Doctorate in Education with a focus of working with trainee teachers supporting vulnerable children. I also hold a Masters in Education and post-graduate qualifications within Higher Education.
My experience in Education includes Deputy Headship of a Department of Education within a University, working with trainee teachers, classroom teaching, and working with schools across Essex in a multi-disciplinary setting to support children with challenging behaviour and special educational needs.
- Alix, S. (2015). An inquiry into the perceptions and experiences of primary trainee teachers of looked after children, and the implications for training and continuing professional development. Thesis. Brunel University. https://bura.brunel.ac.uk/handle/2438/11028
- Alix, S. (2018). How Trainee Teachers are Trained to Support Looked After Children – A Model of Development. London. Chartered College of Teaching.
- Alix, S. (2018). The Impact of Introducing Thinking Skills through Philosophy 4 Children. London. Chartered College of Teaching. Impact Vol 3, Summer 2018.
- Pullon, F and Alix, S. (2019). A Practitioner Study: How Do Pupil Responses to Peer Assessment and Feedback Impact on their Literacy Progression? London. Chartered College of Teaching. Impact Vol 5 (online). Spring 2019.
- Alix, S. (2019) How Can Teachers Support Children in Care/Looked After Children (LAC). https://teacherofsci.com/looked-after-children
I have been involved in teaching and education for many years, with extensive experience within teacher training as a PGCE mentor and trainer in Southampton and Portsmouth for over 20 years. This has included work with NQTs and training for qualified teachers supporting them to achieve their goals and progress in their chosen profession. My experience extends to working with challenging schools within a range of leadership roles. My subject specialism is Geography, holding a degree and Masters degree in Geography in Education.
I have worked in the field of education for nearly thirty years and I have extensive experience holding primary school headships at 3 schools within Essex and Suffolk. My expertise includes developing improving schools to leading an outstanding school. I have been involved in leading School Centred Initial Teacher Training for seven years. My practice is supported through holding an MA in Special Educational Needs and an MEd in Equality and Diversity.